This post is mostly about me playing with lighting in the kitchen, but it is also about a really good sandwich I thought of while on a walk this afternoon.
It’s vegan and only takes 5 ingredients (6 if you count the carrots on the side).
I love the olive spread on a muffuletta sandwich and crave it from time to time. For my olive spread, I went really simple and just mixed diced kalamata olives and green olives.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 8 green olives with pimentos (diced small)
- 8 kalamata olives (diced small)
- 2 Tbsp. hummus (I used Sabra Roasted Red Pepper)
- handful of mixed greens (I used 50/50 spring mix/spinach)
- 1 multigrain hoagie roll
- handful of baby carrots (optional)
- Combine green olives and kalamata olives, then spread on one side of the hoagie roll.
- Spread hummus on the other side of the hoagie roll.
- Tuck mixed greens in between two sides of bread.
- Put some carrots on the side.
Simple and delicious…
Until next time…