I mentioned in my last post that I had one more meal idea for our hardcore study weekend, Hummus and Pita sandwiches.
These came out even better than I imagined! As in, we each had two (or a whole pita)! Delicious!
- Take a piece of pita bread and divide in two. Open the pocket.
- Pour a small amount of vegan honey mustard to the inside of the pita pocket (just one side) and distribute with a butter knife.
- Apply a spoonful of hummus and spread on the inside of the pita pocket (the other side).
- Add some baby spinach.
- Place some cucumber slices along the inner edge of the pita pocket.
- Top with some celery and kalamata olives.
- Serve with some baby carrots on the side.
The carrots are great consumed with bites of the sandwich, it all really goes well together. Yum!
Well, the studying hasn’t stopped. In addition to my mid-term, I have a new class starting this week, plus I signed up for an additional online class last night which is currently in session. I’m gonna be a busy little bee, so it’s great to have all these wonderful leftovers in the house.
Until next time…