It occurred to me yesterday that in less than thirty-nine days, I will be 39. Or is it turn 39? Anyway, I’m a list maker and thought I’d make a list. A list of what, I don’t know, but I feel the need to list 39 things…
- SALLY: And I’m gonna be 40!
SALLY: *sniffle* Someday! [When Harry Met Sally]
Wow, that’s now only 1 year and 1 month away!
- I feel (and look, hopefully) younger than I thought 39 would feel.
- Daisies are my favorite.
- My taste-tester and I have been together for 18 ½ years (married nearly 13 years)… I feel like I’ve known him all my life, yet it’s hard to believe that we met over 20 years ago!
- The older I get, the faster the years go by.
- I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up.
- I have absolutely no desire to be in my twenties again.
- I used to be really loud and outgoing, as the years went by I became more introverted and reclusive. I don’t think it’s a bad thing, I think I was loud because I was insecure and didn’t want anyone to know. Now I’m more comfortable being me.
- I think I look better as a redhead than as a blond.
- Even though I profess that I love to cook… there are days when I really don’t want to be any where near the kitchen.
- Somehow it is comforting to know that I’m not the only one with a neurotic dog.
- My favorite color is gray. I find it very comforting.
- I’m very organized and love office supplies.
- The new apartment is still unorganized, after nearly 5 months… I think it’s a sign that the move was really hard on us… we just don’t have the energy.
- I have more books on my bookshelf than I could possibly read in the next 39 years, yet I still find the necessity to purchase more. I’m a bibliophile.
- I love dragons, especially Chinese dragons.
- I have enjoyed the DragonLance series far more than I thought I would, and look forward to reading more of the tales.
- I read The Lord of the Rings quadrilogy [tetralogy] (The Hobbit & The Lord of the Rings trilogy) before the movies came out.
- I have read all 7 of the Harry Potter books, twice. I’d love to read them again, but have so many books I haven’t yet read on my bookshelf.
- Sadly, I was not able to see the latest Harry Potter movie in theaters, due to my neurotic dog, I’ll have to wait for it to come out on DVD.
- I haven’t been out of the country for longer than 2 hours. But I’ve driven through (or been in the car) 37 states.
- I’ve never had a passport.
- My first flight on an airplane didn’t happen until I was 24 years old.
- I’ve never been on a cruise ship, a ferry, or a train.
- I would like to learn to play the piano.
- I have consistently had a pet (sometimes several) since I was 5 years old, actually before that… there are pictures of me in diapers with a Budgie on my finger.
- I have worked in both a pet store and an animal shelter.
- Lately, I have found that I really enjoy BBC shows… case in point, Life on Mars, Sherlock, Being Human… just to name a few.
- I am handy and like to build things… I love Ikea.
- I like math. In school it was my favorite subject, I would do my math homework first, leaving history for last.
- Now that I’m older and have seen some really great historical films like Letters from Iwo Jima & Flags of Our Fathers, Mongol: The Rise of Genghis Khan, Elizabeth, Marie Antoinette, and more. I regret not knowing more history.
- In college I took a Logic class thinking it would count as a math course (it didn’t and effectively was counted as an elective), it was the only class I made an A in that semester. I wish I knew then that it was a sign that I’d be drawn to computer programming.
- I’ve changed my skill set several times… I think of myself as a ‘Jane of all trades, master of none’. I have so many interests that it is hard to concentrate on just one at a time… some might call me flighty.
- I’d like to make reading and learning a higher priority in my life. I have so many new things I want to learn.
- I’d like to really get back into yoga, I keep putting it on the back burner, even though I always feel better on the days I make time for it.
- I’d like to resume my attempts to sustain a running gait for a distance of 5K.
- I want to spend as much quality time as I can with Little-bit.
- I am still in love with my husband after all these years.
- I am happy and content with my life, even if my journey is on a very winding road.
Until next time…