I took ‘little bit’ to daycare today so that I could get some shopping done and still be able to play this weekend. I usually play tag-team with my ‘taste-tester’ on the weekends to go shopping, but then I don’t get to see him as much, plus with his crazy schedule lately, a weekend together is something I’m looking forward to.
As I was driving around town, I would occasionally turn up the radio because, hey I like that song! I was enjoying the autumn leaves changing wishing I could take pictures, but I was driving so I couldn’t. * I have a story about that I want to tell you in just a minute. Anyway, I was thinking about the blogs that I enjoy reading, the ones I go back to daily and what it was about them that kept me as a reader. Obviously, I love to read and write about food, but the blogs I tend to return to also tell a bit about themselves. I haven’t been as forthcoming with my personal information as some, so I thought I’d give you a bit more about myself in terms of music.
- First album ever owned – Heart, Dreamboat Annie (it was a record). Ok, so now you also know I was a 70s kid.
- Favorite song from that album – “Magic Man”
- Favorite all-time band – Scorpions… I heard “Still Loving You” today and it reminded me that I haven’t rocked out to the Scorpions in a long time!
- Favorite all-time song – “You are a magnet and I am steel”, by Walter Egan.
Close second – “Sultans of Swing”, by Dire Straights
- No matter when you hear it, this song ALWAYS puts you in a good mood – “Holiday”, by Madonna
- Favorite all-time movie – The Saint, with Val Kilmer
- Who’s your best friend – my ‘taste-tester’, OF COURSE! 🙂 We’ve known each other 19 years, been ‘together’ 17 years, and are about to celebrate our 12th wedding anniversary in a few months. ♥
And I’ll throw in two more things about myself that are not music related…
I realized that there are so many albums that I used to have either record or cassette that I fully intended to get the CD, but then never did. Sadly my once very full collection of music is very small indeed. I think I started to get irritated with having to re-buy the item on the next ‘new fangled’ format. 😕 I used to own nearly every Madonna album, nearly every 10,000 maniacs album, etc. Did you do that, tell yourself that you’d get that album in CD form, so you gave the cassette away, or ‘oh the horrors’ you threw it away?
So, now you know a little bit more about me! I do hope you’ll come back soon, I plan to post about my little ‘iron chef’ in the kitchen yesterday, with apples and carrots. Also, ‘little-bit’ and I took a really long walk yesterday while I took several ‘action shots’ of the autumn foliage. 🙂
Tell me a bit about yourself musically… I want to know! 🙂
* I remember reading a blog some months back, … it could have been a year ago actually… where this guy left his job in Boston and moved to Vancouver. For his road trip, he rigged up a camera to ride in the passenger-seat. I’m not sure if he had it set to take pictures every so often automatically or if he had a button, either way, he took pictures of the road trip from Boston to Vancouver… and then posted them in his blog. I was thinking about that today, wishing I had that set up to take pictures of all the beautiful autumn leaf changing. 🙂
Hope you had a good day!