I had a bit of arugula and I wasn’t sure what to do with it. I flipped through cookbook after cookbook… most of the recipes were of salads or pesto. The pesto dishes were usually intended for pasta, and some even had tomatoes in the recipes. I decided that I wanted to make something simple, I wasn’t in the mood to be in the kitchen for hours that night. So I decided to make something that turned out to be very simple and awesome too!
I relied on some of my favorite pantry staples…
Amy’s Pasta Sauce – Organic Family Marinara
Whole Wheat Linguine
Alexia Whole Grain Rolls with Flaxseed
Leftover Roasted Kabocha
- First I preheated the oven and started some water boiling for the pasta.
- Then I cooked the pasta according to the directions and placed the rolls in the oven.
- Meanwhile, I rinsed and then cut (chiffonade) the arugula.
- Then I drained the pasta and removed the rolls from the oven.
- Using the pasta pot (which was now empty), I added the marinara and arugula and brought to a boil, then removed from heat.
- While the marinara was heating, I threw the leftover kabocha in the microwave with some earth balance.
- Then I plated everything and added our beloved green olives ( I have mentioned the love of olives around here, haven’t I? )