So, I mentioned in a previous post that I am currently on a quest to switch out my beauty products for cruelty-free ones, preferably vegan ones…
So I went to Whole Foods, because I have a friend who works in the beauty products isle, and she said that the employees are encouraged to try out all the products… so who better to ask, right? I didn’t see my friend, but the person working there was friendly, and incredibly helpful. 🙂 So I told her, I was looking to swap out my stuff for cruelty-free, preferably vegan. She told me that everything at whole foods is cruelty-free (not tested on animals)… awesome! So it was a matter of just checking the labels for “no animal by-products”. 🙂
Here’s some of what she suggested… I will let you know what I think as I test each product out.
- 365 Everyday Value (Whole Foods Brand) – I picked up shampoo (fragrance free) for my ‘taste-tester’ and some body lotion (fragrance free) for me… really affordable, these bottles were $2.99 ea.
- Aloe 80 Organics – Aloe Vera Moisturizing Cream — face lotion, I told her I use oil of olay and wanted a thin moisturizer that wouldn’t feel greasy, she suggested this, and also let me try it out on my hand. My hand feels smooth and not greasy.
- Kiss My Face – Clean for a Day – creamy face cleanser, a little pricy, but she seem really excited about this one. I don’t think she was pushing it because of the price either, because she was really happy and excited about the affordability of the 365 Whole Foods line as well.
- Giovanni – anti-frizz serum and styling gel
- Kiss My Face Liquid Rock – deoderant (fragrance free)… she informed me that it is NOT anti-persperant, just deoderant…
- Jason – Satin Shower Body Wash – Camomile scent
I’m excited… I’ll let you know what I think. Oh, in case you are wondering why I am trying out so many at once… I have about $40 worth of ‘cruel’ products that I have not opened (I like to have extras on hand so that I don’t have to run to the store when I’m running low) and have the receipts for… if I find cruelty-free products to replace them, I am so returning those things! 😛
Has anyone tried Naturtint (hair color)? If so, what’d you think?
Oh, and to continue my German-esque food eating… while I was at Whole Foods, I picked up a big pretzel from the bakery and ate it with spicy mustard… yum. The bakery does not normally have big pretzels so I think it’s for Oktoberfest.
My next post, I will explore a different cuisine, I’m going to be revisiting a Mediterranean dish involving eggplant. 🙂