I’ve been reading the Chocolate-Covered Katie blog since I started my own blog back in early June… I’ve come across some really cool ideas and recipes. I remember reading a little while back that she used mustard as a marinade for grilling veggies.
I had some red potatoes, purple peppers, and an onion that I wanted to roast. I decided instead of my usual olive oil, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning method, I’d try Katie’s method instead…
Dijon Mustard Oven-Roasted Potatoes
inspired by Chocolate-Covered Katie
6 small red potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
2 purple peppers, sliced (any color pepper works🙂 )
1 onion, sliced
liberal amount of Dijon mustard (I used Annie’s)
salt & pepper, to taste
1 large plastic zipper bag
olive oil, optional
ketchup for dipping, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place all veggies in the plastic bag, add a liberal amount of Dijon mustard. Squish and squeeze veggies around in bag to coat.
- Dump veggies onto a grill pan (I used a grill pan that covers two stove heating elements, that is oven safe). I put a bit of olive oil on my pan first, but I don’t think it was necessary, next time I will try without the oil… that way these veggies are fat free🙂
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place in oven and roast 20 minutes, flip veggies.
- Return to oven, and roast an additional 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
** My taste tester really likes roasted potatoes with ketchup, he said that these were great dipped in ketchup. (He had these as leftovers for lunch at work, I had packed him some ketchup on the side.)🙂 **