Every so often, I prefer to make something 'easy' for dinner. Enter, ‘fast food night’, it’s a night where everything for dinner takes only about 10 minutes or so each.
- As I’ve mentioned in a previous post, I’m addicted to whole foods deli’s ‘general tso vegan chicken’. I bought some that afternoon.
- I made 5-minute rice using a bit of better than bouillon vegetable base in the water. I let it set at least 10 minutes. (Note: I usually make brown rice that takes 50 minutes on other nights.)
- I put Health is Wealth Thai Spring Rolls in the oven, they take 10 minutes.
- I put the kettle on to make green tea, that night I made Teavana’s Mandarin Orange.
- Next, I rinsed 3 stalks of kale, removed the hard stems, then tore the leaves into bite-sized pieces. We dressed the kale with Annie’s Goddess Dressing (not pictured).
- Earlier I had also bought from whole food’s bakery a loaf of 'pain de campagne' (not pictured). We ‘buttered’ the bread with earth balance soy garden.
So there you have it, dinner in about 30 minutes, and hopefully much more healthy than ‘fast food’. 🙂