You didn’t think I would forget the cake did you?
For the chocolate frosting, I used 2 Tbsp. of water to get the consistency pictured. It was more like the consistency of tub frosting than when I made the frosting last time. 🙂
For the small banana cake, I used the recipe for Banana Cake, Mine, ALL MINE! divided it by 4, then reduced the sugar by another 1/2, and omitted the nuts.
Banana Cake, For Puppy Only
adapted from The Peaceful Palate
You will need:
- 4 ” springform pan, lightly oiled
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 4 tsp. oil (I use canola)
- 3 tsp. water
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 tsp. + 1/8 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Next add in the *proper* cake baking order… the wet ingredients, followed by the dry ingredients.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes, then remove from springform pan and place on cooling rack until completely cooled.